This lemon bundt cake is soft, moist, and medicated. It sounds a little perverted but this cake is pure food porn.
Medicated Lemon Bundt Cake
Medicated Lemon Curd Ingredients:
• 3 Tbsp medicated olive oil
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 Tbsp lemon zest
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 3 egg yolks
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 4 eggs
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 Tbsp lemon zest
• 1/3 cup medicated lemon curd
• 1 1/4 cups whole milk
• 10 tablespoons - melted
For the Medicated Lemon Curd
1. Warm medicated olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat until you see bubbles.
2. Remove pan from heat and whisk in sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt until all is uniform.
3. Whisk in egg yolks until smooth.
4. Place egg mixture back on low heat, whisking constantly until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Immediately pour lemon curd into a clean jar and cool to room temperature while you prep the bundt cake.
For the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large bundt pan with butter or shortening, then lightly flour the pan.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a mixer on high for 4-5 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Then mix in vanilla and lemon zest.
3. Begin adding dry ingredients into the mixture and beat at low speed until smooth.
4. Mix in milk, medicated lemon curd, and warm butter and blend until uniform.
5. Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. The cake is ready when you insert a toothpick near the center and it comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes or until the cake starts to pull away from side of pan. With a knife gently release the cake from the sides of the pan and turn cake out onto cake platter.
7. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or fresh fruit.